Greetings From The Superintendent
Hello Mayer Community,
My name is Risha VanderWey and I am the new superintendent of Mayer Unified School District. I recently moved to the area and am looking forward to getting to know the students, staff, families and local community members. I have been a superintendent for the past 9 years in Arizona and Colorado. I was a principal and teacher for over 10 years. I look forward to bringing my skills and expertise in education to Mayer Unified School District.
As the district prepares to open its doors Aug 15, 2022, I dedicate my time and energy to make sure all students thrive academically, socially and emotionally. In order to accomplish this, I am creating a culture that students PreK-12 are supported and cared for by nurturing and well-educated staff.
As superintendent, my vision is to ensure every student experiences:
- high quality instructional time and an intellectually robust curriculum;
- ample opportunities to develop their self-identity;
- clean and welcoming school environment;
- exceeding standards and completion of college prep and rigorous courses.
I have an open door policy. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to come to my office to talk about it.
Reasons To Choose Us!
Mayer Elementary School
Free Full Day Kindergarten
Yavapai County Library Network
21st Century Programs (After School and Fridays)
Comprehensive Middle School Sports Programs
Music and PE Programs
Computer Labs - Interactive Smart Boards in All Classrooms
Active PTO Parent Group & Parent Volunteers Encouraged
APTT - Academic Parent Teacher Teams
Mayer High School
Small Environment (Individual Customer Service - Educational Planning)
Full AdvancEd Accreditation
Alternative Education Program
Credit Recovery Programs
Member of CTED Mountain Institute Career Technical District (Welding, Business, Auto-Mechanics, Agriculture, Fire Science, Pre-Engineering, Certified Nursing Assistant, Aviation, Medical Professions, and Line Worker)
Partnering with Yavapai College (Dual Credit/Virtual Lab)
Offering Nine Varsity Sports (No Pay To Play and No Cut Policy for Participants)
Comprehensive Tutoring Program: Math, Language Arts (Transportation Services Available)
FFA & Agriculture Program
Exceptional Student Services - Special Education, ELL, Gifted
Comprehensive Child Study Programs
Monthly Child Find Screenings
Air Conditioned Buses
Free Fingerprinting for Volunteers
Now Registering All Students for 2022-2023
Elementary and High School Open Enrollment Opportunities
Average Teacher Salary Notice
(A.R.S. §15-903.E, amended by Laws 2018, Ch. 285, §10)
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2023 (budget year): $46,379
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2022 (prior year): $46,042
- Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year: $337
- Percentage increase: 1% Comments on average salary calculation (Optional): Calculation does not include 301 pay ($3000 per year from Classroom Site Funds) or 301 performance pay (possible $3250 per year for meeting all requirements). It also does not include extra duty stipends.